Did a test mini for my Nomad models to try out the red armour.
Armour and skin steps:
- Prime black and zenithal light coats of light grey
- Face/skin, spray underneath with Charred brown, 0->80 degrees with bronzed skintone, 0-20 degrees with pale flesh then blend in the tones with thinned Dwarf flesh
- Cover skin
- Start armour, cover all but raised areas with Scarlet red, then cover rest with Bloody red then spot highlight extreme areas with white
- Blend in highlighted areas with thinned bloody red to bring back the red
- Shade recesses with 50/50 mix of Scarlet red and Charred brown
Rest was my normal of base coating, seal, oil wash, seal, then highlights.
Base from Sedition Wars:
- Prime black and spray off black
- Spray panels dark green, then highlight with goblin green and livery green
- Base coat with grey, yellow and white on areas in base
- Seal with gloss
- Oil wash recesses to shade